The Wild Cat was built in 1929, and was designed by the Schmeck company. It was a top rated coaster up until it caught fire in 1984. The park never recovered from the fire that destroyed this flagship coaster. The remains of the coaster stood until 2001 when another fire, the third major fire in the park, destroyed the abandoned remains of the near by ballrom. At that point the land owners had the remains of the Wild Cat bulldozed along with all other remaining structures in the park including the previously mentioned Jack Rabbit... all of which had been abandoned since the park closed in the mid 80s.